Bathroom designing would be just considered incomplete without a ‘’standout piece’’ and homeowners would agree that basins, bathroom vanities or bathroom countertops can be considered as the focal point in any bathroom design. Since there are multiple options such as the wall-hung basins, countertop basins, pedestal basins and more, it is important to choose one among these, which will suit the bathroom design just perfectly.
From this article, a home dweller could gather all the required information regarding the bathroom sinks and the factors that they need to consider, to blend in well with their own bathroom spaces.
Things To Consider For The Perfect Basin
- Lifestyle and Location: Is the bathroom being designed for the master en-suite or the kids? Pay attention to the kind of traffic, as traffic plays an important factor. For instance, a glass basin would be a big NO and won’t be recommended for a kids bathroom, as they could get damaged easily if carelessly handled. Whereas, the glass basin will suit a master bathroom perfectly, where the traffic is going to be less.
- Size Matters: The style of the basin can be chosen by considering the entire bathroom space, as the size of your basin should match with the scale of the rest of the bathroom fixtures and bathroom fittings. Moreover, by visualizing the storage and counter space one would need under and/or on either side of the basin would help one in deciding with the size.
- Bathroom Design Style: Match the basin with the overall bathroom design concept. Since bathroom basins are available in many styles, shapes and materials to choose from, the process has turned out to be an easy one. For instance, if a bathroom is designed with a rustic theme, a stone basin would be a perfect choice
Types Of Basins For The Bathroom
Check out the summary of different types of bathroom basins here and their features
- Wall Mount Basin: This basin attaches straight to the wall and does not require a separate table or counter to hold them in place. There are many styles and shapes of wall-mounted basins available. The wall basins without pedestal are ideal for creating more floor space in small bathroom design.
- Inset Basin: Inset Basins is where half the basin is below the bathroom counter and half above. This basin is inserted into the vanity countertop and offers a contemporary look. A perfect basin type for contemporary styling!
- Undercounter Basin: Here the basin sits perfectly under the counter line, which gives a sleek finish to the countertop, where the faucet is either mounted on the wall or the countertop. This basin style would be perfect for creating a minimalist bathroom.
- Semi-Recessed Basin: It partially extrudes from the front side and is ideal for narrow countertops. It suits both the contemporary bathroom styles and the classic design style.
- Above Counter Basin: Here the basin sits on top of the counter and adds height to the vanity. For a decorative bathroom focal point, add counter basin with some distinctive curved vessel design. Pairing it with a striking basin mixer to complete the look, will suit the best in high-end bathrooms.
Various Wash Basin Materials
- Ceramic Basin
- Colored Ceramic Basin
- Natural Stone Basin
- Onyx Wash Basin
- Wood Wash Basin
- Glass Wash Basin
- Resin Wash Basin
With so many different sizes, shapes and styles of bathroom sink basins available, deciding on which one would best suit the bathroom would be easy if importance is given from both style point of view as well as also from the usability, durability and maintenance perspective too! Even it is vital to consider all the costs, including plumbing and installation, before choosing a basin. Following all these will make the selection process of the right basin an overwhelming experience.
Lastly, take a read of the Bathroom Styling: How to Choose a Perfect Bathroom Mirror
And an example of one such video uploaded on our Youtube channel
Article Category Bathroom
Give your bathroom a twist and make it beautiful by adding up warmth, dimness and this time with...
Those homeowners, who are planning to bring in the ‘’spa-like’’ experience right into their home,...
There are many different types of tiles available which can be used on a variety...
Bathroom designing would be just...
Time to pamper yourself a bit and soak in the giant bathtub of bubble bath...
Most Viewed Articles
When it’s about getting a job in the architecture firms, a lot of people don’t...
What is Architecture? Architecture is simply the mechanism which ensures that our built environment totally...
In the modern times of digitalization, freelancing is a popular trend in any field we...
Do you have an online portfolio? Are you worried about whether or not it’s worth...
An architecture portfolio is a must for anyone who wants to be an architect. But...